There are many volunteer opportunities at St. Peter's and St. Andrew's. The mission of the Episcopal Church is to restore all people to unity through Christ with God. All of us are called to use our gifts and join in the healing and restoration of the world. We have many ways in which you can live out your call as a Christian to minister to others and the world -- through Outreach and In the Church.
Our Outreach projects minister to many in Providence by feeding the hungry both material and spiritual food as Jesus calls us to do in Matthew 25. All are welcome. Why not consider sharing the resources you have with others? Join us.
Soup Kitchen – 1-2:30 pm last Sunday every month
Our Soup Kitchen provides a delicious 4-couse meal for up to 100 people. Some of our needs include:
Volunteers to help serve meals, socialize with our guests, clean up afterwards.
Donations of food, paper goods, condiments, coffee and juice.
Food Pantry - Call first: 272.9649...Currently the Pantry will be opened every 2nd and 4th Saturday, 1-2:30 p.m.
Our Food Pantry provides a balanced bundle of groceries for up to 14 hungry individuals and families in the greater Providence area. This ministry needs:
Donations of non-perishables, especially soup, canned goods, etc.
Donations of winter items for adults ; children: gloves, mittens, winter hats, stoles, boots
There are many volunteer opportunities in the church. St. Peter's and St. Andrew' is a family-sized faith community which is lived out in our team work together. Volunteers are always needed in all the areas listed below.
- Join a group to help maintain the properties of the church (gardening, mowing, etc)
- Sign up to Co-host a coffee hour on Sunday
- Be a greeter, reader, or usher for Sunday worship services
- Join the Altar Guild and help prepare the church for worship
- Help out with food preparation or clean-up for our special Saturday evening community fund-raising dinners
- Team teach children's Sunday school
- Plan worship services together with the Liturgy Committee
- Serve as a leader on the Vestry
- Lead the Prayers of the People on Sunday morning